Saturday, February 7, 2015

"The Floating Boy"


Today I have for you the first in what I hope shall become a nice little collection of stories on this here blog. I wrote this a few months ago for a school literary magazine, so it’s kind of pretentious, kind of literary—but hopefully fun to read. The Floating Boy is the story of Will Benton, a young boy who feels a bit different from his peers and is about to discover why.

Oh, and the image you see right there? Call that the cover. I like to make cute little “covers” like that for my stories, just thrown together from some images online. Feel free to pin or share it on social media if you like the story.

_____________

The Floating Boy

[I removed the story for a number of reasons. My apologies.]

4 comments:

  1. What a great story June! Thank you so much for sharing :)
    I reckon your language is so versatile that the reader doesn't get bored, which is very well done on the writer's part :) The mysticism of it draws the reader in, and you give away just enough details of the people for whomever reads it to create their own character in their imagination which is nice :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm glad you like it. I like to have fun with words in stories, not just the plotline; it's always nice to have different ways of describing things so the reader doesn't get bored :)

      Delete
  2. I love this! You are a very talented writer, and I like the really subtle foreshadowing that made the ending plausible and make sense, but you never gave it away. Please keep posting your short stories! I really want to read more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, I'm so glad you like it :) really encouraging to know when writer's block strikes!

      Delete